The Bendrigg Virtual Taster
Learn more about our amazing facilities and what to expect from a Bendrigg course!
Our Virtual Taster Package is here to help you :
- See if the accessible accommodation & facilities are right for you
- Check out what Bendrigg has to offer
- Learn more about what to expect from our courses
- Help to answer questions or queries
And the best part? You can do it all from the comfort of your own home!
The Taster Package is broken down below into 5 steps as follows :
- Let’s Get Virtual – Martha & Dom will give you a comprehensive guided tour around our accessible accommodation, facilities and grounds. There is also an interactive 360 degree image which you can explore to see where things are on site and where we sit in the stunning surrounding countryside.
- Action Pack – Our action pack is jam packed full of helpful and detailed information. From a typical daily timetable and accommodation floor plans to sample menus and activity programmes.
- Activity Social Stories – Coming soon! We are in the process of developing a series of Social Stories and Social Story Videos which will walk you through what to expect from our activities. This is with the aim of supporting people with learning disabilities and autism to prepare for visiting a new place and trying new things but also gives a great step by step guide of what to expect on our activity sessions.
- Any Questions? – Our FAQ’s page will help to answer the common questions you may have but our friendly team are always on the other end of the phone to help answer any questions you have. We’ll give you an intro to Jo (bookings admin) & Liz (activity co-ordinator) who will be the best people to help!
- Visit Us – if you’re within a days drive and want to come and check out our facilities in person, we’d love to welcome you for a tour of the facilities in person! Details of how to book this are below.
So let’s get started!
Step 1 : Let’s Get Virtual
Click below to join Martha and Dom on a guided tour of our amazing facilities including : The accommodation in Bendrigg Lodge & Acorn House, our site and grounds, the Resource Centre and our Kinross Activity Building.
Interactive 360 Aerial Photo
Below is our fantastic interactive 360 degree aerial photograph of our site and grounds allows you to scroll up and down, zoom in and out to get a great sense of where things are situated around our grounds and our surroundings. Can you spot our local Canoeing site Killington Reservoir?
Big thanks to Simon Handley from Skylark Aerial Photography for shooting the drone footage for our guided tour and taking the 360 image above free of charge to support this project.
Step 2 : Action Pack
Our “Action Pack” is jam packed full of practical information to help you get a sense of the ins and outs of a Bendrigg course.
It includes :
- A typical daily timetable
- A sample programme of activities
- A sample menu
- Accommodation floor plans & accessibility information
- Risk management summary & information
- How our bookings process works (separate page for groups and families/adults)
- The benefits of a Bendrigg Course & outdoor learning
Step 3 : Activity Social Stories
Our activity social stories and videos are currently being edited and will be available soon. They have been made with a view to take you through our activities step by step to see how it all works and will be particularly helpful for people with learning disabilities and Autism who may be anxious about visiting somewhere new and trying new activities. We hope this tool will help people to prepare for their visit and feel more confident about trying new things.
Until then, you can check out some of our videos on our YouTube channel which give a great insight into what to expect from the activities at Bendrigg.
Step 4 : Any Questions?
We have put together some Frequently Asked Questions to help with any queries you might have, but if you’d prefer to chat to one of our team, Jo and Liz take care of our bookings and activity programmes.
Jo Winchester (right) is our Bookings Co-ordinator who has worked at Bendrigg for 24 years and is always a friendly voice at the end of the phone. Jo can help to answer any questions you have regarding our availability, quotes, rooms and accessibility. Her email is – firstname.lastname@example.org (normal working days Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri)
Liz Dyke (left) is our Activities Co-ordinator and works part time liaising with our groups to create the perfect activity programmes before their visit. She has also worked as a Tutor at Bendrigg so will be able to help answer your questions about how our activities and programmes work including accessibility and equipment questions. Reach Liz via email – email@example.com (normal working days vary)
Step 5 : Want to visit us in person? No problem!
We know that time is of the essence which is why we created this virtual pack to help you get a feel for Bendrigg from the comfort of your home… BUT we would still very much welcome group leaders from schools and groups to come and visit us for a short tour of our grounds and facilities. To arrange this please use the contact form on our Contact us page to tell us about your group and when you’d like to visit!