With the best will in the world you could help disabled and disadvantaged people achieve through adventure.
After providing for your family and friends you may wish to leave a charitable gift in your will. Regardless of size, legacy gifts are vital to ensure we continue to challenge perceptions of disability and your gift could make the world of difference.
Whilst 58% of the population give to charity during their lifetime, only 7% remember a charity in their will. Be part of the minority and remember Bendrigg Trust in your will today.
Charitable legacies are free of Inheritance Tax (currently charged at 40% or 36% for estates leaving 10% or more to charity) and there are four main types of gift:
- Specific Request – this is the gift of a named item e.g. a painting
- Pecuniary Gift – this is the gift of a sum of money
- Contingent Benefit – this is a gift that is dependent on other factors, such as the donor outliving all other beneficiaries
- Residuary Gift – this is a gift of the remainder of an estate after all other beneficiaries have been provided for
We recommend that when making or amending your will that you discuss this with your family and enlist the expertise of a qualified solicitor.
There are lots of ways to create a lasting tribute to a loved one by supporting a disabled person have the adventure of a lifetime. Whether in memory, in lieu of flowers or as an annual remembrance, we hope that you will be comforted knowing that your gift will create lasting memories in every disabled or disadvantaged person we support.
How Can I Make A Donation Or Pledge A Gift?
You can make a donation to us in several ways :
- Online – via our online donation page
- By post – Sarah Garman, Bendrigg Trust, Bendrigg Lodge, Old Hutton, Kendal, LA8 0NR
- In person – Call us on 01539 723766
Please get in touch with our Senior Fundraising Officer, Sarah, if you’d like to set up a Tribute Fund or would like your gift to go towards a specific project.