Directions & Travel Information
Postcode: LA8 0NR
Grid Ref: 581892
- Take the M6 to Junction 37 (Kendal/Sedbergh).
- Turn east towards Sedbergh on the A684 for approx ½ mile.
- Turn first right off this road (signposted Old Hutton). This junction is quite easy to miss as the main road is bending left and the right hand turn is on the apex of the bend.
- Go straight on, taking the long, narrow road down to the reservoir (just over ½ mile) and turn right again at the corner of the reservoir (there is a sign for Bendrigg Lodge on the right hand side of the road at this junction).
- Keeping the reservoir on your right, go past the sailing base and continue down the hill. Take the 90º turn to the right at the bottom and then go over a small bridge.
- Keep on this road; Bendrigg Trust is another 1¼ miles (do not take any other small roads to the side as you do not want to re-cross the motorway). Look out for our small Bendrigg Trust signs at each junction, (they have our logo on – not county council signs).
- Our buildings are located on the left hand side at the top of the hill.
- Please report to the Lodge main reception on arrival.
The nearest train station is Oxenholme Lake District, approximately 4 miles away.
There is no public transport to Bendrigg Lodge however pick up can be arranged with Bendrigg or taxi’s are available outside the station building.