Do you want to make a real difference to peoples lives?
Bendrigg Trust is more than just an outdoor centre, our work has a huge impact on the lives of our visitors – that’s around 100,000 disabled people and carers since our charity was established in 1978.
Bendrigg is a ‘place, a community and an adventure’ where people feel a sense of belonging and a ‘natural inclusivity’ which runs through everything Bendrigg does.
“We have used a number of residential facilities in the past and Bendrigg is the only place that is truly inclusive. Everyone can do everything; they don’t provide alternatives they provide access and adaptation. Anything you need, any barrier you’re looking to overcome, you can guarantee they have thought of it already.” Group leader, 2022
Working at Bendrigg
Whilst at Bendrigg, our visitors feel ‘celebrated’ rather than just ‘accommodated’ and we want no different for our staff. We understand that everyone is different and try to be as flexible as possible. We are proud to offer a caring and supportive working environment with a number of benefits including:
- Holidays: Staff receive 30 days paid holiday plus bank holidays (FTE, part-time pro-rata) (Up to 7 days required to be taken during the Christmas/New Year shut down period).
- Lunch: lunch and refreshments are provided for anyone working on-site from our amazing catering team.
- Training: personal and professional development is actively encouraged and rewarded. Staff are provided with up to 10 days per year (pro rata) for external training as well as a number of internal training sessions throughout the year.
- Pension: All employees can take advantage of our pension arrangements whereby contributions of 5% from the employee are matched by 5% from Bendrigg Trust.
- Sick pay: company sick pay starting at 1 month full pay in any 12 month period and rising to 3 months full pay after 3 years of service.
- Maternity & Paternity Pay: Statutory Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Parental leave: We understand that you may need time to settle children into a new school, or you may want to spend more time with a child. Bendrigg offers 18 weeks unpaid leave for each child up to their 18th birthday (maximum of 4 weeks per year).
- Emergency Dependant & Compassionate leave: Up to 5 paid days per year
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, irrespective of gender, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or criminal records.
Cook – £20,547 – £24,222 FTE
We are seeking a positive and caring person to join our catering team as a Cook. Typical duties include:
- Preparing and producing a range of meals to the agreed standards of customer requirements and legislation.
- Pro-actively work with the Head Cook, as part of the Catering team to promote healthy eating.
- Supporting all relevant administration, purchasing, stock control and maintenance in accordance with Bendrigg’s policies and procedures.
This is a part-time position, averaging 3 days per week, (21.75 hrs) on a 7-day rota.
Typical shifts are:
07:00 – 15:15 (early shift)
11:00 – 19:15 (late shift)
If you feel you could belong at Bendrigg then please download the full job description from our website and send a completed application form detailing how you fit the person specification to the email on the form
Relevant Dates & How to Apply
Closing date: 9am Monday 4th December 2023
Interview dates: Week commencing 11th December 2023
Anticipated start date: Wednesday 3rd January 2024
We are often looking for more amazing outdoor instructors to join our team. We take on full time, part time, freelance, job shares and seasonal positions regularly. If there are no vacancies above but you are interested in recording your interest with us for a position in future, please contact us via our contact form specifying what your preferences are and your qualifications for our future reference.
Bendrigg have a well established volunteer scheme where by people can come and support our work on a voluntary basis. This could be a one off day/week/month or on a regular basis within our maintenance or office team. Click here to find out more about our volunteering opportunities.