Job Vacancies – July 2021
2 job vacancies currently available
Our Charity may be small but we make a big impact on the lives of around 3000 disabled people every year through our inclusive adventure residential trips and we’d love for you to be part of our team.
Here at Bendrigg we promote a healthy work life balance and pride ourselves on taking care of our people. We are an equal opportunities employer and would particularly encourage applications from minority groups and/or people of any ability.
Full Time Activity Tutor – (£19,128 – £23,208* per annum)
Your personal qualities should include being kind, empathetic and a good problem solver who is willing to work hard as part of a team to make a real difference to peoples lives.You should also have previous experience at outdoor centres and a range of NGB qualifications. Experience of working with disabled people and minibus driving will be a significant advantage. This is a full time, permanent contract starting 6th September 2021. Accommodation is not available for this position.
£19,128 – £23,208* per annum (depending on time served at Bendrigg, previous relevant experience and/or qualifications).
Closing date for applications: Midday Wednesday 28th July
Selection process will take place over 2 days including activity sessions, site tour and formal interview.
Candidates will be asked to attend either Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd August or Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th August 2021. Please indicate on your application form if you have a preference for either date.
Start date 6th September 2021
Please contact us directly for an application pack
Email : vacancies(at)bendrigg.org.uk
Phone : 01539 723766
Informal enquiries welcomed
Part Time Cleaning and Catering Assistant – £17,068 (pro rata)
Self Employed cleaners welcome to apply
We require an energetic and caring person to join our domestic team as a part-time catering and cleaning assistant.
Typical duties may include:
• Thoroughly cleaning of rooms, corridors, showers, toilets and other areas at our 64 bed specialist outdoor centre.
• Assisting with catering arrangements at the centre including: Storage and rotation of food, preparation, cooking and serving simple meals which could include breakfast, sandwich lunches and evening meals.
This is a part-time position (0.6 FTE) and flexibility is essential as early, late and weekend work is involved.
Normal hours of work will be 7.25 working hours between either:
• 7am to 3:15pm (early shift)
• 8:45am to 5pm (day shift)
• 11am to 7:15pm (late shift)
£17,068 (pro rata)
Benefits of working at Bendrigg Trust include:
• Meals provided when on shift
• Stunning countryside location in Old Hutton, Kendal
• Pension Contribution Scheme
• Cycle To Work Scheme
• Equipment loan for staff
• Staff showers and bike storage
• Holiday entitlement (18 days + bank holidays per year)
Closing date: Midday on Friday 30th July 2021 Interviews to be held: Thursday 19th August 2021 Start date: 1st October 2021 (or earlier if available)