Cross Bay Walk 2018 Saturday 18th August 10.45am
Cross the Bay with Bendrigg in our 40th year and help us raise £4,000!
Help support the work of Bendrigg Trust by joining us for our annual Cross Bay Walk in our 40th anniversary year. All funds raised will go towards purchasing essential equipment such as hoists, harnesses and off-road wheelchairs – to support adults with disabilities have amazing outdoor opportunities.
Crossing the Bay is an unforgettable experience and a perfect activity for a summer’s day for all the family (including dogs!). This beautiful and exhilarating walk leads you from the shore at Arnside to Kent’s Bank accompanied at all times by a team of expert Bay Guides led by the Queen’s Guide to the Sands– Cedric Robinson MBE. The walk is between 7 and 8 miles long.
Please note the following points:
– Suitable outdoor clothing should be worn. Walking surfaces might be muddy and you will have to wade across a shallow river (at least knee deep).
– Participants must stay with the rest of the walkers and follow Cedric Robinson & his helpers at all times to avoid quicksand.
– Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult. Dogs must be kept under control at all times.
– The terrain is flat and thousands of people have taken part in a Cross Bay Walk.
– If the walk has to be cancelled due to bad weather, or for any other reason, we will contact you via phone and email as soon as possible. Unfortunately no refunds will be given.
To secure a place on our 40th anniversary walk we are asking for donations from all participants of at least: £10 per adult, £5 per child, £2 per dog. There are limited spaces available so we suggest booking early to avoid disappointment. You can complete the booking form below or print and send a paper booking form here. As this is a special anniversary for Bendrigg we are also asking each booking (whether group, individual, couple or family) to commit to raising £40 in sponsorship for their walk. By doing this you will help us raise £4,000 for vitally needed disability equipment to make outdoor activities accessible. Sponsorship forms can be found here.