Cross Bay Walk 2017
Sunday 30th July 10.30am
Please note our 2017 Cross Bay Walk is now full and we have no spaces remaining.
Help support the work of Bendrigg Trust by joining us for our annual Cross Bay Walk. All funds raised will go towards our Spirit of Adventure programme; supporting adults with disabilities have amazing outdoor opportunities.
Crossing the Bay is an unforgettable experience and a perfect activity for a summer day for all the family. This beautiful and exhilarating walk leads you from the shore at Arnside to Kents Bank accompanied at all times by a team of expert Bay Guides led by the Queen’s Guide to the Sands– Cedric Robinson MBE. The walk is, on average, between 7 and 8 miles long and is also suitable for children and dogs.
Please note the following points:
- Suitable outdoor clothing should be worn. Walking surfaces might be muddy and you will have to wade across a shallow river (at least knee deep).
- Participants must stay with the rest of the walkers and follow Cedric Robinson & his helpers at all times to avoid quicksand.
- Dogs must be kept under control at all times.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- The terrain is flat and thousands of people have taken part in a Cross Bay Walk.
If you would like to get sponsorship for your walk then this will be wonderful but we are asking for donations from all participants of at least: £10 per adult, £5 per child, £2 per dog.
We have limited spaces available so please book early to avoid disappointment.